LAMB’s Mission: To create a self-directed learning environment in which children build a foundation of knowledge essential for a lifetime of learning while developing bi-literacy in English and Spanish.
LAMB is a public charter school which operates two facilities in the District of Columbia and attracts students from all wards of the City. LAMB serves diverse learners from PK3 to 5th grade. LAMB is in its 10th year of operations and offers a unique model that provides bilingual (English and Spanish) Montessori public education to early childhood and elementary learners beginning at 3- and 4-years old. LAMB is a community that embraces an active parent community. LAMB recruits, employs and retains a diverse staff of educators who are committed to children, the love of learning, academic excellence, social development, and promoting peace and equity for all.
- Bilingual Spanish and English Preferred
- Montessori training and experience or willingness to train
- 5 years of progressive responsibility working in a school setting
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field
- Completion of accredited administrator training program and valid principal’s certificate for level of position
The Assistant Principal/Dean of Students is an integral part of the administrative staff and supervises the day-to-day execution of tasks needed to keep an elementary school running smoothly, including working closely with the principal to develop academic programs, hire, train, and evaluate faculty, and complete executive chores such as budgeting and reporting. The Assistant Principal also maintains relationships with parents and students, and may represent the school at off-campus meetings as assigned by the Principal and/or Executive Directive. S/he must possess administrative expertise, strong leadership qualities, and well-developed interpersonal skills. The Assistant Principal/Dean of Students reports to the Principal.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Principal/Dean of Student’s primary role is to ensure that students have all of the necessary tools for academic and personal growth. The Assistant Principal/Dean of Student’s focus is faculty management and student achievement. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Application of leadership skills and communication within a shared decision-making model.
- Performance of assigned duties in accordance with applicable guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Coordination and supervision of activities including scheduling, special events, field trips, etc..
- Evaluation of academic and other school programs.
- Evaluation of staff performance, including development of individual Professional Development plans.
- Monitoring of student progress.
- Curriculum and program development and evaluation.
- Development and implementation of school improvement programs, and major initiatives.
- Development and implementation of team building models and interdisciplinary teams.
- Presentation of staff development and in-service for all employees.
- Responsible for the safety, conduct, and general welfare of students.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the physical plant and the general welfare of all students, staff, parents and patrons on or about the school site.
- Develop monthly/quarterly reports on students’ progress
Salary commensurate with experience
LAMB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org